November 30 2016

Get your holiday shopping done early at Westland School’s Winter Shopping Boutique
This Friday, Dec.2nd from 10am-1pm
The unique vendors will be selling everything from jewelry, pottery, clothing, hostess gifts, books, kitchen & home goods, artisanal food and much, much more! Grab a coffee from Perkside Coffee and food from the Green Truck. Bring your friends, avoid the malls and shop in a beautiful, hillside setting.
16200 Mulholland Dr. 3/4 of a mile west of the 405 fwy

Today in History
Stay At Home Because You Are Well Day
The United Stated and Great Britain sign a peace treaty in Paris, formally ending the Revolutionary War. (1782)

Jens List will circulate in Dec. on the following dates ONLY
Dec. 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 16th & 19th-23rd. Jens List will then resume regular publication on Jan. 2nd. Please plan submissions accordingly. Sponsorship spots still available for a limited time. End of the year special – Buy 2 TOP spots, get a 3rd FREE plus 2 SILVER spots! For more information, visit http://jenslist.com/sponsorship-specials/.

Perkins Education Solutions – When Tutoring Isn’t Enough…Call a Coach
Are you just adding more tutors and tutoring hours for your struggling student, with limited success? Need a more independent student? Perkins Education Solutions specializes in academic and executive function coaching for students of all ages. Dr. Clarence Perkins builds on students’ strengths and teaches them customized strategies and skills to help them stay organized, complete work, and study smart. Contact Dr. Perkins at 818.239.6182 for a free consultation.

Kadima Day School Middle School Matters Open House
Thursday, December 8th at 7 pm for Parents with entering Middle School Students
Middle school is a pivotal time in a child’s educational career. Kadima has created a middle school program focused on student success not only academically, but socially & spiritually as well. By ensuring that students build the skills needed for success in the 21st century, they are inspired to learn within a community that is caring and connected. RSVP at http://www.kadimadayschool.org/open-house-rsvp/.

Bambino: Local Sitters Recommended by Friends & Neighbors
With a few taps, parents can find available sitters nearby that are recommended by their friends and neighbors, and book them on the spot. At the end of the night, payment is handled straight through the app. No more awkward rate negotiations, late night calculations, or last minute stops at the ATM. Bambino is babysitting made easy! Download from the app store!

Exclusive Disney Cruise Savings Club for Families
Now launching an exclusive and personal service for 100 families in Southern California that love to help make a difference, and earn savings rewards for Disney Cruises. Cruise for Good, is sponsored by Recruiting for Good, a cause based company working collaboratively to help fund schools and reward families travel. Want to help raise $2500 for your kid’s school, and earn a $2500 travel savings reward? Email Carlos@CruiseforGood.org to reserve your spot and sign up.

Are you looking for an alternative spiritual experience?
Saturday, Dec. 3rd from 1:30-5:45pm at Shomrei Torah Synagogue in West Hills
Join this powerful opportunity to learn about and practice ancient Jewish spiritual techniques with Rabbi Yoel Glick, a teacher of Jewish mysticism, from Jerusalem, and one of the pioneers of modern Jewish meditation. Rabbi Glick has taught in the US, Canada, Israel, Asia and Europe to audiences of all denominations. Promises to be an enlightening day that you won’t want to miss. $20. For more information or to RSVP, call 818-854-7650.

Unlocking Your Story – Winter Writing Workshops
Jan 24th-March 28th ,Tuesdays from 10am-1pm in Woodland Hills
Jan 19th-March 30th, Thursdays from 10am-1pm in Pacific Palisades
This popular 10-week workshop is designed to explore the life experiences that have shaped and defined you. Using a variety of creative exercises and practical techniques, you’ll find the *spark* to unleash the stories that reflect the uniqueness of your personal journey. Instructor Karin Gutman, MFA, has been working closely with writers for over 14 years and often works with deeply personal material. She has taught at Cal State Fullerton and UCLA, and coaches writers privately. For full details, visit www.unlockingyourstory.com or email Karin at karin@spiritofstory.com.

Live Succulent Wreath Workshop
Saturday, December 3rd from 10am-12:30pm
Get your hands dirty while creating festive and beautiful living, succulent wreath. Grace your garden, table, or front door with this masterpiece of living beauty. All supplies, as well as instructions on the care of your wreath will be provided Eat…Drink…and be Creative!
3625 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd #249, Westlake Village

Now Open: Pressed Juicery Opens Calabasas Store, Offers Delicious and Healthy Juices and Freeze
Pressed Juicery is excited to announce the opening of its first store in Calabasas, located in the Avanti retail space in the heart of Calabasas. The new store offers the brand’s cold-pressed juices, signature beverages and Freeze, a vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free frozen soft serve treat made from only the ingredients found in its juices. Freeze is available in four flavors (chocolate, vanilla, greens and fruits) with healthy and unique toppings like almond butter, chia seeds and fruit.

‘Zoot Suit’ at Taper
Jan. 31st-March 12th, 2017
Nearly 40 years after its world premiere, the original creator Luis Valdez will once again fill the Taper stage with a company of 25 actors, singers and dancers weaving fact and fiction together as they portray the events surrounding the infamous 1942 Sleepy Lagoon murder in Los Angeles. Filled with heart, sly wit and the infectious songs of Lalo Guerrero, “Zoot Suit” remains an urgent portrayal of the clash between generations in a Chicano family, the rifts between cultures in America and how racism and injustice can haunt a city and a society.

Need help with social media marketing?
Following behind the times? Struggling to find new customers? Headed by international digital marketing consultant Josh Hoffman, the Small Biz Social Club offers big-brand social media consulting and support at a small business price.

Venice Arts Free Youth Media Workshops
January 14th-April 7th
The award-winning programs include photography, filmmaking, and multimedia plus comics, animation, and writing that reach youth ages 6 to 18, while Art Discovery offers children ages 6-9 a hands-on, multi-disciplinary visual art curriculum. For enrollment and general inquiries, email info@venice-arts.org or call (310) 392-0846.

Rose Scharlin Holiday Online Auction
Now-Dec. 5th
Scoop up some great deals and support Rose Scharlin Cooperative Nursery School! There are all kinds of items for adults and kids – music, food, classes, collectibles and more!

Special Family 4 Packs for Leonard Bernstein’s Wonderful Town in concert
December 2nd,3rd & 4th at 8pm at the Dorothy Chandler
Tony Award winners Faith Prince (Guys and Dolls) and Nikki M. James (The Book of Mormon) star in a musical comedy classic! LA Opera presents a weekend of semi-staged concert performances of Wonderful Town, a sassy and brassy love letter to the Big Apple! Special Family 4 Pack available exclusively by Phone only. Buy 2 full price seats get 2 children’s seats free. Children age 17 and under. Restrictions apply. One offer per household. While supplies last.

No one ever regretted a better life
Allison Cohen is a licensed psychotherapist with over 14 yrs experience bringing insight, empathy & real solutions to clients life issues. Allison has appeared on Today, NPR & has been quoted in cosmopolitan, Glamour, Women’s Day, PBS.org, Huffington Post, Web MD & more. Specializing in: Couples/Relationships, Self-Esteem/Growth, Family Conflict, Anxiety/Stress, Communication Skills, Life Transitions, Premarital Counseling, Depression, Building Intimacy, Kink Aware, Alternative Sexuality & Intuitive Eating.